Office & Events Internship - Fall 2021
Internship Title: Office & Events Internship
Term: Fall & Winter 2021
Hours & Commitment
- Ideally this person would be in our Newport office 10-20 hours per week. You may get school credit if approved by your school. This internship will begin in September 2021.
newportFILM, a year-round documentary film festival in Newport, RI is seeking Office and Events interns for Fall and Winter of 2021. This position will assist the Marketing Director, Events Coordinator and Technical Director with various tasks at the newportFILM office and at events. Intern tasks will include assisting with marketing (street marketing, target marketing research, social media, blog writing) for the organization, on-site event work (personnel and volunteer management, event equipment management and maintenance, event planning and coordination, setting up and breaking down events), and other office management duties.
*Please note that this internship does involve lifting and moving equipment
Qualifications & Requirements
- The Ideal Candidate works well in a team setting, thrives in a fast-paced work environment, and has previous experience or a willingness to learn about:
- Special Event planning & coordination for various types of events;
- Volunteer management and assisting with the management of Independent Contractors at Events;
- Maintaining and organizing storage unit and event equipment;
- Working with a team in a fast paced work environment;
- Event technology;
- Assisting with various office tasks; and
- Formatting event documents in Word, Excel, Google Drive (Sheets, Docs, Forms)
This person will also be a team player, quick learner, & be able to speak comfortably to event guests.